Thursday, July 21, 2005

The reveal!

This isn't going to work out quite as planned, I don't think I'll be able to go to as many films as I first thought. Typical random planning issues have eventuated, not least of which is the leaving free a weekend to work so I have spare cash for a trip to Cairns in August. That, and that fact that I'm a university student. We're penniless remember.

At the moment I'm seeing as much as I can the first weekend, and then getting to everything I can squeeze into after that.

The festival guide arrived the other day, and the ritual of flicking through the guide from page to page, selecting movies began.

The temptation not to choose too many documentaries saw me switching between films, and going back and choosing others.

There is of course the yearly competition for the most blatantly obvious title translation from another language to English, and this years winner was a film called Buffalo Boy- which is an Asian film about boy and a buffalo.

Tomorrow the festival starts for me, and I'll have an update on what I saw tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home